What Can I Submit?
- Single/Splash Pages
- Double Spread Pages
- Comic submissions
- ONLY Original art
Final Art Specs
- 300 dpi resolution
- PDF or JPEG
- Single Page – 6.625 x 10.25 inches
- Double Spread – 13.25 x 10.25 inches
1. Title your submission “FirstName_LastName_Anth”. If you’re creating a comic, save each page separately and title each “FirstName_LastName_Anth2018_1”, “”FirstName_LastName_Anth2018_2”, etc.
2. Email your submission to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Anthology Submission’. Attach your files!
3. In the email include:
- Full Name
- A few sentences either describing your work in terms of inspiration, or general artist statement
- Social Media url/Handle and/or website url,
4. Double check everything and hit send!
All work will not be accepted. Only approved artwork will be printed the final product. People accepted will receive their own copies of the anthology.
So for the anthology we ask that you create thumbnails before going into a refine sketch, and then finished the final art work.
“But what’s a thumbnail?” To help clarify what we mean and expect at each of these steps, we’ll explain and also link to some examples from artists for visualizing.
We’ve extended the submission date to November 14th! Submissions still must be printed and given in SGA’s office, G400. Don’t pass this chance up!
See poster below for more details.
Now that we have our printer in place, (Thank you Rolling Press!), we’re planning our timeline for when the anthology should be done. The goal is to have the books done by MoCCA Fest.
Timeline and deadlines are subject to change! So be sure to stay updated!
*Edited to include comic process
Final Concept, Rough Sketches & Comic Summary – Dec 7th
- finalize concept
- begin sketches for final piece
- Comic with beginning, middle, and end
Refining sketch & script – Jan 4th
- begin final line work
- begin final colors
- fleshed out script
Submit final pieces – Jan 25th
- 300 dpi pdfs/jpegs
- full name, mini bio, website/contact
*Updated on 11/9/17