Tahia Khanum: Selfies as art? Yes!

Selfies as Art? Yes!

Personally, in my opinion I do think selfies and the use of social media is a form of art. You may not be physically drawing or making the item but in a way you’re capturing the moment. Photography is part of art and while you’re photographing pictures of yourself and your surroundings its a form of art. Not only that but you can customize it to your liking. Just like any other teenager I am part of the rest of the world that takes selfies and posts them on Instagram. There is a certain limit though.. I don’t like to obsess over social media because I like to have a life that’s outside my phone. My instagram is probably just filled with pictures of myself and nature. I’m the type of person who admires nature and likes to photograph it. I believe photographing pictures of nature and the environment is more the form of art rather than the selfies being art. With nature it mostly consists of plants, water falls, animals etc etc. Everyone may have a different opinion but in my opinion I believe its a form of art. Its a way that people express themselves differently. 

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.