Devin’s HW#3: Color, Food Photography and Instagram

Food photography on social media has been buzzing recently with millennials. Many people fail to notice the art in capturing photos of a plate of food, which can be seen whenever you take pictures of the food you’re about to eat and the person besides you are rolling their eyes. Much like the way critics viewed Eggleston’s show as full of “boring” subjects, using colored art allows for an awe in presentation, using the subject matter with the addition of color to draw in an eye-opening audience. Food Photography brings so many people together, a representation of culture, tradition and family/friendship. Although I don’t view food photography as a beautiful thing, I can see the appeal people have for it.

For Thanksgiving, my mother began cooking a week early. These types of preparations include cakes, pastries, and pies and of course the main hot dishes. There’s ham, chicken, string beans, yellow rice, small bread, and macaroni and cheese. This image represents the time my family said everything we’re thankful for before eating, the feeling in the home during the holidays, and the use of bright colors.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.