HW #3

Food photography on social media has been a big buzz, particularly in millennials. Many people fail to see the art in capturing photos of a plate of food, which can be seen when you may be taking a picture of your lunch and the person besides you roles their eyes. Much like the way critics viewed Eggleston’s show as full of “boring” subjects, using colored art allows for an awe in presentation, using the subject matter with the addition of color to draw in an eye opening audience. I believe food photography is a beautiful thing because it brings so many people together, a representation of culture, tradition and family/friendship.

For this week’s holiday celebration, my family begins cooking as early as a week early. These types of preparations include cookies, pastries, and pies and of course the main hot dishes So far, we have prepared peach pastries which are almond paste based pastries soaked in Italian rum. This image represents the time me and my mother spent together making the pastry, the feeling in the home during the holidays, and the use of bright colors represents fresh foods and deliciousness.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.