Life nowadays involves social media. With popular social media platforms such as, Instagram, snapchat or facebook, sharing daily activities have become second nature. Food photography is not new but sharing it on social media is a recent development in our culture. The reason why sharing pictures of our food is so popular is because it is like free advertising and subliminal messaging. It makes the viewer feel like they want the food shown because of how delicious it looks. Everyone can be a food photographer now with the use of angles and editing. Social media also pays their users who have high followers for the pictures they take which is another incentive to take more pictures. Restaurants can pay up to 350$ per photo to share and advertise their food on social media.
Professor Sandra Cheng
Office: Namm 602B
Office Hours: Tu/Th 9-10 am or
Office Tel: 718-260-5003
- A Broken Frame, and DNA Traces, Led to Arrest in van Gogh Theft
- Man Convicted in Thefts of a van Gogh and a Hals From Dutch Museums
- Gira Sarabhai, Designer Who Helped Shape Modern India, Dies at 97
- At Art Basel, Everyone’s Playing It Safe
- He Taught Ancient Texts at Oxford. Now He Is Accused of Stealing Some.