HW 1 Carla Cabrera: Photography, Selfies, and Cindy Sherman

As we may know, Photography is the art of creating durable images. The use of social media keeps growing every day and has became very related to photography because it’s a way which we enjoy sharing any photography. The account that I use the most is Snapchat because I’m able to share photos and videos at the moment. On Snapchat I know who see my posts, I can receive comments and chat with the people that follows me and that I follow. Another account that use is Instagram, which is a great platform to share moments with my followers. According to the article found in New York Times about the artist Cindy Sherman, “the most hazardous disguises are the forced smiles we now whiten with our index fingers.” I agree with her because most of the times we share a happy photography when we actually are not. Also, I agree with Ms. Sherman when she says that “we are almost never the selves in our selfies” because some people use apps for Photoshop to fix their pictures. Cindy Sherman makes clear that those applications for Photoshop and filters allowing us to alter our selfies have created on us distrust.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.