Ethics In Graphic Design I

1a

With the help of my professor, I managed to gain entry into a non-profit organization. I was greeted by the founder, who was originally a City Tech student himself. I submitted the Company Data and Internship Agreement papers. I was then added to a group chat with other team members who welcomed me into the company once I was formally accepted as a part-time member. My peers were able to offer me design assignments to complete through the use of a social media platform known as “Rock,” which we utilized to connect with one another. I was given the choice to use the organization’s updated logo and color palette for my first task, which I did utilize for the newsletter designs I produced.

1b

Unity for Equality does not require confidentiality or a non-disclosure agreement for their internship site. Despite this, I make it a rule to not publicly publish my work on any article website as it is not required of me to do so. All of the designs I develop have to be approved by the staff, what they do with them is out of my control if given the green light.

Ethics In Graphic Design II

2a

There were times where I had to use someone else’s work in a project in order to get the point across in a presentation. It can be that I take an image from an independent photographer or reference a writing piece from an author. I always make sure to credit the original creator. However, when it comes to design work, I never use another’s work to implement into my own, I strictly make sure that the work is my own.

2b

In the Fairey Copyright case, he should’ve exercised more caution and avoided using an image from someone else as his sole source without at the very least ask the photographer’s permission. In order to benefit himself more, he falsified and destroyed the proof. To avoid issues like lawsuits and having to pay monetary damages, you must get in touch with the individual whose work you intend to include in your own or at the absolute least give them credit.

https://archive.nytimes.com/artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/07/shephard-fairey-is-fined-and-sentenced-to-probation-in-hope-poster-case/