Primary duties during internship:
- Develop the communication skills needed to respond to all project constituents.
- Learn to submit invoice requests and respond to faculty about payments.
- Learn and understand the logistics and components of the project and help plan meetings to ensure project coordinator is meeting those deadlines.
- Apply writing skills to develop letters, web content and correspondence to project constituents.
- Develop skills in coordinating and summarizing meetings.
Projects/assignments worked on or completed:
- Completion of Payment Requests for each Professor affiliated with NIH Bridges Scholars Program.
- Corresponding with members of The NIH Bridges Scholars Program to organize meeting dates.
- Editing and revising student biographies to be uploaded onto the program’s website.
- Adding scholars research interests into certificate templates for submission to the Honor Scholars Convocation.
- Take notes and act as a personal scribe at Bridges Scholars meetings.
- Send out reminders and instructional emails to scholars about off-campus excursions, such as museum visits.
- Email over 200 students to inform them about the opportunities that the NIH Bridges Scholars Program could afford them.
- Complete assigned data entry into excel sheets and then upload information into google drive.
- Correspond via email and text with Bridges scholars to let them know about mandatory events they must attend.
- Inform students about conferences, poster submission/ abstract submission deadlines and dates of other end of the year ceremonies.
- Organize phone conversations between project coordinator and prospective scholars.
- Input confirmed appointments into a Google calendar, and make sure to send reminders to the program coordinator and prospective scholar about an upcoming appointment.