Vocabulary words: By Rosemarie Castillo
- Nominal: refers to an actual size of a material because like wood like shrinks and grows , but it comes in different sizes.
- Passive Haus: refers to energy efficiency in a building and reduction of its ecological footprint. This leads to a low energy building that requires little energy for space heating or cooling.
- Core Drilling: refers to a drill used to remove a cylinder material and the material left inside the hole is called the core.
2nd Class: 09/07/16
- Node: refers to the spot where a decision is being made.
- Bulk: refers to the maximum size of a building on a lot that is determined by the floor area ratio assigned to each zoning district.
- Pedestial: refers to the base or support on which a statue, obelisk, or column is placed.
fire rating: the duration a wall can contain a fire until the fire spreads past the wall
sheer stress: opposing forces that causes parts to slide on each other in opposite directions
smoke curtain: in the event of a fire, it is used to redirect smoke from a specific location or prevent smoke infiltration
Wet wall- Is a structural wall that contains pipping of different variety.
curtain wall- an exterior having no function
egress- to go out or to leave
sheer wall- a structural system composed of braced panels to counter the effects of lateral load acting on a structure.