The vast majority of curtain walls are installed long pieces between floors vertically and between vertical members horizontally. Framing members may be fabricated in a shop, but all installation and glazing is typically performed at the jobsite. Stick curtain walls are processed, manufactured at factory and assembled, installed and completed at site. This kind of curtain wall can be used for all outside surface types of buildings and especially suitable for sophisticated and multiple joint structure architecture.
- Easy for transportation
- Suitable for storefronts and small areas
- Difficulties in quality control
- Difficult to accommodate building movement
- Difficult to control water drainage to individual floors
- Poor acoustic and thermal insulation
- Deterioration of expansion and sealant joints