Channel glass is a translucent, U-shaped, cast glass wall system that is self-supporting. Why is it different than a traditional storefront or glazed wall? Because of its U-shape, which can create a depth between 8”-20” in the glass wall, channel glass can provide great thermal performance, privacy and a self-supporting wall system. It also creates a beautiful translucency of light while also providing complete privacy and a very modern profile. It can be used in interior or exterior applications, and installed vertically or horizontally.
- Available in long channel lengths – up to 23 ft (7 m)
- May be tempered or filmed to meet impact safety requirements
- Allows passage of light while maintaining privacy
- May be insulated with Lumira® aerogel for energy efficiency
- Lumira® aerogel provides superior insulating capabilities. Made of a dry silica particulate, Lumira aerogel is completely recyclable, eco-friendly, non-combustile, and Cradle to Cradle certified. It is a lightweight insulation and daylighting solution that repels water, retains its properties under compression, and can enhance design options and aesthetics.
- Sound insulation (up to 42 db uninsulated, 44 db with Lumira aerogel insulation)
- Can be utilized in curved walls
- Aluminum perimeter frame provides additional structural strength
- Interior applications may be installed into wood jambs or millwork instead of TGP’s aluminum framing
- Minimal maintenance
- Most channels available with pinstripe wires