Your wall section should be developed expressing your wall type (A, B, C, or D).
Submit your wall section details consisting of a minimum of two drawings (2 board, 24×36)
A-501 – Complete wall section
Show the wall from the foundation through to the second floor.
Cut the wall section through an area which includes a window.
Exclude roof (Roof details are required for the final submission)
A502 – Cantilevered detail
Show how the wall and second floor are constructed where there is a cantilevered second floor over the main entrance doorway.
Consider the following elements in your details:
• Air Barrier (Membrane)
• Anchor Bolts
• Batt Insulation
• Bituminous Expansion Joint
• Closed Cell Rigid Insulation
• Double Header
• Drainage Matt
• Fiber Cement Siding (or would sheathing to match case study project)
• Finished Floor
• Frost Line
• Perforated Drainage Pipe
• Rim Joist
• Sill Plate (Or Mudsill)
• Sole plate
• Structural Sheathing (Plywood/OSB)
• Top Plate
• Vertical Battens
• Vertical Rebar
• Waterproofing (Membranes secondary and primary)
Full wall section ¼” or 1/8” to a foot
Detailed callouts 1” or 1-1/2” or 3” to 1’
Full wall section 1:50
Detailed callouts 1:5 or 1:10
All boards must contain
- Title with scale (for each unique drawing)
- Callouts of details
- of building components
- descriptions of components function
- Dimensions as indicated
- Custom titleblock
- Correct drawings labelling and sheets numbering
- Titleblock as a Xref in your drawing
2 boards, 24×36 in PDF format (minimum)
Autocad files (use e-transmit to pack and zip).
Name files using the following naming convention:
course_professor initials_semester_project name_student name
files not conforming to department standards may be graded.