Pick a project developed in a previous or current studio class and design part of its structure using heavy wood components. Use your in class analyze plan to develop 2 details in a 3d model.
You should work on the following deliverables:
- Framing plan (1 min.)
- Annotate deck depth and structural direction [See sizing chart]
- Annotate Bean sizes, depth and width [See sizing charts]
- Annotate girder sizes, depth and width
[beam to girder: Minimum of depth +2” (50mm) and width +1” (25mm)]
- Two 3d details of different structural connections
- Submit both the model and views with annotations
- Your professor will help you pick the right details
All boards must contain:
- Scale or graphic scale (for each unique drawing)
- Dimensions as indicated
- Custom titleblock particular to this assignment (project C)
- Correct drawings labelling and sheets numbering
- 2 board, 24×36 (or 24×34) in PDF format
- Autocad files (use e-transmit to pack and zip)
- Titleblock must be a different file, use Xref to import it into your drawing.
- 3d model in Rhino or DWG format
Name files using the following naming convention:
course_professor initials_semester_project name_student name
files not conforming to department standards may be graded.