Complete the following Type Book pages:
- Steven Heller’s Font of the Month: MagnatRead the book, Typographic Firsts In this debut issue of our new monthly column, design legend Steven Heller takes a look at René Bieder’s Magnat font family. Heller is not only an award-winning designer, design educator, and author and editor of hundreds of books, but is also one of the world's foremost commentators and historians […]
- An Interview with FontfabricRead the book, Typographic Firsts We interviewed the brilliantly talented folk at Fontfabric. Their clients include high-profile brands like Nike, Lipton, Hyundai, CNET, and the US national football team. We talked about how they got started, what makes them tick, and about their new release, Audela. The post An Interview with Fontfabric appeared first on […]
- Fonts in the Twilight ZoneRead the book, Typographic Firsts Among my favorite kinds of typefaces are those that don’t fit neatly into predefined or existing categories; those that dip their toes into more than one genre, or take their cues from disparate historical periods. These twilight zone hybrids aren't always easy to pull off. Welcome to Magnat... The post […]
- An Interview with Ulrike RauschRead the book, Typographic Firsts Ulrike Rausch is an author and award-winning type designer based in Berlin. She’s also the designer of one of my all-time favorite handwriting typefaces, the beautiful and authentic, LiebeHeide. The post An Interview with Ulrike Rausch appeared first on I Love Typography.
- On Type Design & VolcanoesRead the book, Typographic Firsts An Interview with John Hudson, co-founder of Tiro Typeworks, world-class type designer and expert in font technology. We talk with him about the award-winning superfamily, Brill, the challenges of multilingual typography, volcanoes and walking the dog. The post On Type Design & Volcanoes appeared first on I Love Typography.
- Ask ILT: Fashion FontsRead the book, Typographic Firsts In episode #2 of Ask ILT, I tackle the question, Why do fashion brands and magazines use so much Bodoni & Didot? Read on to find out why! The post Ask ILT: Fashion Fonts appeared first on I Love Typography.