Attendance and Lateness Policy
Attendance is taken and is important to success in this class. Students arriving 15 minutes after the class start time will be marked “late.” Two “lates” equals one absence. If a student’s class absences or equivalents are excessive, the instructor will alert the student that he or she may be in danger of not meeting the course objectives and earning a grade of “F”
Academic Integrity Standards
Students and all others who work with information, ideas, texts, images, music, inventions, and other intellectual property owe their audience and sources accuracy and honesty in using, crediting, and citing sources. As a community of intellectual and professional workers, the College recognizes its responsibility for providing instruction in information literacy and academic integrity, offering models of good practice, and responding vigilantly and appropriately to infractions of academic integrity. Accordingly, academic dishonesty is prohibited in The City University of New York and at New York City College of Technology and is punishable by penalties, including failing grades, suspension, and expulsion.
- 3 Main projects and their presentations – 60%
- 2 Tests – 10%
- 2 Quizzes – 10%
- Participation/Homework Assignments – 20%
- No late work will be accepted. You must submit work by the beginning of the class in which it is due.
- Any missed assignments will earn a zero. No partial credit will be given.
- Do not use any form of social media or texting during class. If you are so distracted, I reserve the right to eject you from class and give you an absence for the day.
- Respect your classmates as you want to be respected.
- When you address your email to me, please write the subject line
as follows: COMD1167 [Your Name]
- There will be no make-ups for those who miss any classes, quizzes, or the final project.
- Students have the option to revisit earlier projects and revise them based on original comments. If you feel you can improve your grade, this is you only opportunity.
- If a student finds he will not be able to be present to hand in a project on the scheduled day, it is his/her responsibility to notify the instructor PRIOR to the due date and request alternate arrangements. Points will be deducted from your project grade for missed critiques.
- You must use your City Tech email for all school business.