This is a foundation course in typography with an emphasis on using type for a multiple of industry related applications ranging from print to interactive.

Introduction to Myself Assignment

My name is Emmanuel DeWalt, but you can call me Manny for short. This isn’t my first year at City Tech but this is my first time learning in the Communication Design major department. Last year I was in the Electromechanical Technology Engineering major but I didn’t really like it that much. It didn’t  feel right for me. I’m not the best at drawing; actually, I don’t really know how to draw. You might ask “Why did I choose an major that involves drawing?” Even though I don’t have an artistic talent I am able to think creatively and so I’m in this major to learn the in’s and out’s of drawing putting my creative thinking to the test. My spare time involves mostly sleeping and hanging out with my friends. Sometimes I enjoy the comfort of my own home and like to stay there for a while mostly during the weekdays if I have to go to school or not.

Picture Credit to Yan Ling Moy

1. Prof. Mary Brown

Hi Manny, welcome to the class. The good thing about graphic design is that you don’t have to be great at drawing. The important thing is being able to think creatively and having the ability to express those ideas in a creative way. Good luck with the semester.