So, we’ve made it through the first class. Hopefully everyone is feeling a bit more relaxed and you’ve made some new friends.
Here is a recap of some of the topics that we covered the first day of class. Hopefully this will be helpful if you need to review:
- We reviewed the syllabus, and if you need another copy, it can be downloaded COMD1127SyllabusSP2019
- Everyone should have access to their City Tech email. This will be the way that I will communicate with you. Please check it at least every few days so you don’t miss any important information. Usually when I make a new post, you get an email notification.
- In class we watched the following video:
- We didn’t get a chance to watch this video, but you should do so on your own. We will discuss in class on Wednesday:
- There was a brief lecture, Typography & the History of Letterform. If you missed some of the points in your notes, you can download a copy of the slides here.
- We created Biographical Name Signs — Each student should have paired up with a classmate and make a name sign for each other, trying to best portray each other using expressive lettering. Afterwards, students introduced each other to the class and described what you were trying to convey with the lettering they drew for their partner.
Homework — Due Wed, Jan 30
- Bring you tracing pad and pens to class.
- Take a photo of your name sign, post it with a brief bio about you on the OpenLab site. No more than 2 paragraphs. Please title your post:
Hi, I’m __________ (use your name)