During our third class, we not only covered The History of Typography and the Five Families of Type, but we also reviewed Typographical Anatomy.
- If you missed the lecture on the Variation in Type and the Five Families of Typography, you can download the slides Variation in Type.
- We learned the parts of type of similar to our body parts. Download the Type Anatomy sheet and keep it handy to help you identify the different parts of letters.
- We watched several videos in class:
Typography tutorial: Anatomy: Parts and shapes of type
- We learned about the Five Families of Type, and the characteristics that distinguish them. The following videos will help you with this process.
Type Anatomy and Terminology
Homework – Due Thurs, Sept 6, 2018
- Finish the 1st and 2nd parts of our tracing exercise. In class we had an opportunity to begin tracing letterforms.
- On the 1st sheet of tracing paper we traced one letter until we became comfortable tracing the letterform
- On the 2nd sheet of tracing paper we created a 3-6 letter word.