COMD1127 Type and Media, FA2018

A foundation course in typography with emphasis on using type for a multiple of industry related applications

Welcome to Type & Media

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Fall semester of Type & Media,  COMD1127, section D139. This is your class website and part of your required reading. Here you will find loads of resources to help you get through the course. As often as I find interesting materials that will supplement and enhance your learning, I will update this site with them.  Sometimes you will find a recap from the day’s lesson. If I find no one is utilizing the info, I will stop posting it here. Therefore, you should plan to check in here before and after each class—especially to get updates to class and homework assignments. It is your responsibility to keep up with the information that is posted, and your participation on this site will contribute to it’s usefulness and help to enhance it. So, remember to post and comment when assigned to do so, and as often as possible to keep the discussion going. You contribution can make a big difference. There is no required textbook for this class.

Let’s get started! In the comments below, share a few of the things you hope to learn in this class.

1. I hope to learn how I can use typography in my other classes and my own personal work

2. i hope this class can help to get my graphic design skills more explored and greater.

3. In this class I would like to learn more about Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, and learn techniques that will help me improve my skills, and also learn more about Graphic Design.

4. I hope to learn how to use the program inDesign in a more professional way and the different types of type structure.

5. I would like to get familiar with all the design applications that will introduced to me in this course.

6. I don’t know the first thing about Editing or anything of that nature. I’m hoping I learn everything that is needed so I can move on to my other classes having a clear foundation on Communication design. I’m super interested in this field and hoping to excel in it.

Thank you!

7. I hope I get to learn the concept of Communication Design. I have no experience so I’m really looking forward to it.

8. The things I hope to learn in Type and Media is how to photoshop, usage of fonts to express one another, and to be well informed about more of typograghy.

9. This is my first time attending in Type & Media and what I expect to learn in this class is to how to use the software applications required for class and to design my imagination.

10. During this course, I wish to gain more in-depth knowledge on digital art. I like making graphic/collage edits with photography and am looking forward to learning new techniques and softwares.

11. I hope to be able to use what i learn in this class to become a more effective designer.

12. In this class I would like to learn the principles of design. I’d like to be well rounded and prepared for all types of design.

13. In this class I hope to gain knowledge on the principles of type design and learn more about the InDesign app.

14. In this class I hope to learn as much as I can and learn about the app.