As we move into the autobiographical Zine project, you will be putting to use the principals you’ve learned in this course and selecting a typefaces. It is important to select typefaces that work well together and not to get too carried away by using too many.
First, here is an interesting website I came across that is suppose to help designers match typefaces that work well together. It’s described as an online dating site for type. Give it a try, Type Connection, A Typographical Dating Game.
Homework: Reading Assignment for Monday (3/24)
Read the following articles
- On Choosing Type
- Magazine Columns – Backbone of Every Good Layout
- Introduction to Magazine Cover Pages
Homework: Type Book
- Make corrections to your type book
- Make sure all of your exercises are complete
Homework: Autobiographical Zine
- Work on your cover design.
- You should have your content (photos, illustrations, copy) ready for your magazine. Begin sketching out the order of your content. Bring everything to class. Bring your fonts if you need them also.