Participants in the Bridges program receive practical training in modern laboratory techniques and then are placed in supportive City Tech laboratory working environments where they establish peer-mentor relationships.
- $5,300 compensation in total (Taxable)
- Customized Advisement – each student receives Personal Academic Success Plan based on his/her needs
- Participation in the Research Skills Academy (RSA) – a paid 3-week training program in the summer, which comprises of a series of seminars, workshops, mini-labs and exposure field trips to research institutions, $700 compensation
- Peer Mentoring/Peer Support in Mathematics and Chemistry
- The Second Year Experience (SYE) for all Bridges scholars provides the opportunity for faculty-mentored research experiences in the Biomedical and Behavioral sciences. The research program will be conducted for 10 weeks of each semester, $1,200 compensation.
- Opportunity for oral and poster presentations at local and national scientific meetings
- The summer bridge research opportunity – 8-week mentored immersion in research at Brooklyn College during the “Transfer” summer i.e., just prior to the Fall-semester matriculation, $3,400 compensation
- Continued support at Brooklyn College through programs such as CASE, RISE, MARC, LSAMP, CSTEP
Financial support is available to attend nationwide conferences to present research findings.
Selected applicants will be required to attend a two-hour pre-orientation meeting on t.b.a.