The Bridges Program is open to students from underrepresented groups who
are United States citizens or permanent residents.
• Individuals from underrepresented groups include:
- Individuals from racial and ethnic groups that have been shown to be
underrepresented in health-related sciences on a national basis. The
following racial groups have been shown to be underrepresented in
biomedical research: American Indians or Alaska Natives, Blacks or
African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, Native Hawaiians or Other Pacific
- Individuals who come from a family with annual income below established
• First year undergraduate students in the associate degree programs in LAS,
LAA, Chemical Technology, Unclassified (UC) or Unclassified Health (UCH).
• Students who have a strong interest in a career in biomedical or behavioral
• Students who started their undergraduate careers at City Tech
• 12-30 credits completed at the time of acceptance into the program
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Full-time students