3 favorite blue paintings – Nassau County Museum of Art

Mark Innerst – Metropolitan Museum Interior
This painting captured my attention for two reasons. One reason is because we can see the amazing interior architecture of the Metropolitan Museum. Another reason is because of the blue all over the painting. Again, we can see both blue warm and cool blue. It is quite interesting how we can still distinguish the people with the blue. Also, we can see white being used as the light coming through the windows of the Metropolitan Museum.

Blue Guitar – Pablo Picasso
This painting by Pablo Picasso caught my attention. As it is all in blue, it seems to be one of Picasso’s iconic painting during the Blue Period. I found it very interesting how blue is being used throughout the painting with some light and dark blue. Personally, to me this painting transmits a feeling of sadness. I feel like the man is somehow going through pain and a guitar is all he has.

Christopher Winter – The Huxley guide to Switzerland
This painting captured my attention. I saw this painting as two way. One way I saw this painting was as if they two persons were upside down. The other way I saw the painting was as if they were laying on their stomach. The use of blue in this painting is amazing. This painting includes great use of both cool and warm blue. I liked how the mountains look overall. My other thought about this  was their reflection of themselves on the ice they would be standing on.