My First Weeks of College

My first few weeks of college was quite frankly an impactful transition for me. Until I actually started attending school on the weekly basis, I never understood how much college would differ from my experiences in high school. Although college required more from me than my high school level of education , professors were still yet lenient. Rather than me getting lobbed with every written project, Professors eased me into every assignment. Yes, the work was still a struggle, but without all their instructions, I wouldn’t have had it any easier.
During the second and third weeks of college, I began to feel more comfortable in the college environment. I started adjusting to the constant commute, the back to back classes and assignments, and the many students of the college. The first couple of students I befriended came along during the second week. Although I don’t have much time with them , when given the opportunity, I am able to communicate more comfortably.
The highlight of these few weeks so far has been the abrupt fraternity events. During my long breaks before my next class, I always check the school yard in hope for any fraternity events. Watching these events was immensely entertaining. Currently I don’t have any interest in joining, but in time that prospect may change. It is amazing what people will go through just to have a sense of belonging.

During these first few weeks in college, I also enjoyed the cafeteria food which is provided for students who prefer to buy their breakfast or lunch. I did and still do attempt not to habitually purchase my breakfast or lunch from the cafeteria but it never turns out in my favor. Besides for eating the good food, I often used the cafeteria to study or prepare for due assignments. As matter of fact, I also met my first few friends there.