Journal Entry 2: Interview

I found out about Unity For Equality through a friend who is an alumni from Citytech. I was asking my friends if anyone knew about any open internships. My friend who told me about Unity For Equality actually ended up working there. She told her boss (my supervisor) about me and he wanted to meet with me. I had a one-on-one in-person interview with him. In the first half of the interview, he was going over what Unity For Equality was about as well as showing me past designs that were made for the organization.

My supervisor wanted a lot of stuff to get redesigned because the previous person who did their designs didn’t do a good job. I showed him a few pieces of my work and he loved it. My supervisor asked me questions such as “How long have I been designing?”, “What programs do I use to design?” and with each project, I showed him he proceeded to ask, “How did I come up with the idea?”. There wasn’t much wait, my supervisor assigned me with my first task after we were done with the interview. After I did several design assignments for Unity for Equality, my supervisor made me director of the Public Affairs Department since he saw that I was punctual and had hard work ethics.