The purpose of this is to make sure you can Post on Open Lab efficiently. So here’s what you’ll do:
- Tell us your name, and a little about yourself (a couple of sentences will do).
- Add an image that you think represents you in some way. Use the Add Media icon above, find or drag in an image, then choose where on the page you want to place it and what size you want it to be, then Insert.
- Now write a sentence or so about why you chose this image.
- Click on the box next to “Day One Test Post” in the Categories menu on the right hand side.
- Hit Publish.
- Toggle back to the site by clicking on ENG2575 Technical Writing at the top of the Dashboard page.
And you’re done!
There are two parts to this:
- Read this article: http://Laura Portwood-Stacer, “How to Email Your Professor (Without Being Annoying AF),” https://medium.com/@lportwoodstacer/how-to-email-your-professor-without-being-annoying-af-cf64ae0e4087#.1m6lc0rkd.
- Create a Post in Open Lab formatted like an memo (here’s the link to the Purdue OWL page about formatting memos), addressed to Prof Blain, in which you tell me a little more about your professional interests and goals after college. If you want to include another image to show me/us more about what you’re hoping to do, feel free to do so using the Add Media icon/button.
- Click on the box “EMail Assignment” in the Categories menu.
- Hit “Publish.”