Jacquelyn Blain

Introductions – jackie

Hi! This is me (actually, this is Button, my cross-eyed cat).

I’m still trying to decide what I’m going to be when I grow up. I’ve been a technical writer, TV writer-producer in Los Angeles, personal essayist, medical writer/editor, and writing instructor. I not only teach at CityTech, but also currently at Feirstein Graduate School of Cinema (episodic tv writing), and have taught at UCLA, Portland State University, Chemeketa Community College, the Art Institute of Portland (I swear I’m not the one that put it out of business!), and some I can’t remember.

I started life in Texas, moved to Seattle, then back to Houston, then Austin, then Los Angeles, then Portland OR, and finally to Brooklyn in 2014 to be closer to my family. I grow herbs, play on my Switch, read a lot, walk a lot, and hang out with Button a lot. We recently lost my other cat, Bailey, and Button’s still lonely, but he does remind me that life is precious… which is why I chose this image.

1. Natalie Mercado

Love Button! Very much an animal lover. Life is precious and we must enjoy it to the fullest. I see you have traveled a lot and have interesting job occasions as a writer. I look forward to taking this class with you and learning how to use open lab, Perusall and Slack.

2. Natalie Mercado

3. Rose M Desiderio

Rest in peace Bailey. I have three cats of my own and they really are such amazing companions. Life is better with cats !

4. Rose M Desiderio