Jacquelyn Blain

Introduction (Melisa)

Hello Everyone! My name is Melisa Simpson. I was born in Jamaica West Indies. I came to the United States at a very young age. I live in Brooklyn and work in Manhattan. I have been in the medical field for quite sometime, currently I am working as a Patient Care Technician at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Care Hospital. This institution is a very tough and emotional draining place to work yet I enjoy what I do. It is a great feeling to see patients get well and go home. I believe my calling in life is to care for the sick , especially in these times in the Pandemic. The 9 years experience I have there has inspired me to further my education to another level and become the Registered Nurse that I was born to be.

Gearing up to enter a covid19 patients room. (2020)

Another interesting thing about me is that I love animals especially dogs. I have had three dogs in my lifetime so far and I do not think I will be stopping at three. During the Pandemic I found the latest one roaming in a park abused and neglected. The same compassion I have for humans I also have for animals. Without hesitation I rescued her, gave her a wonderful home and named her panda bear aka (pandemic) . I am a firm believer in the quote “everything happens for a reason”, In less than a year later I lost my beloved dog of 16 years Paris. Although Paris can never be replaced Panda just came at the perfect time.

(Miya the white one passed away in 2009) ( Paris the brown beauty passed away 2021)
My Panda bear AKA (Pandemic)

1. Jacquelyn Blain

What wonderful pups! I have a rescue myself, a very LARGE rescue. Good for you. And good for you becoming an RN. My father was a trauma surgeon, my surgeon brother deals with pancreatic cancer patients, and they both said how valuable and often underrated great critical nurses are. Tough career, but important.

2. Lucia

I feel the same. I work at Maimonides Breast Cancer Center, so I see so many cases come in with newly diagnose and I follow their progress when ever they come for checkups. You will be a great Nurse, we need more good nurses out there.