Artists statement

Kevin Thai

Artists statement

My audience would be parents. Parents shouldnā€™t worry aboutĀ  video games because it may in fact be the next big thing. Parents and children have different point of views towards video games. Children likes video games because they are fun and because they can be challenging. You have to solve problems, work out the best moves for your character, and decide how to use your equipment and supplies in the best possible way. Making all these decisions can be exciting and thrilling. Parents on the other hand worry about their children safety and health. Many worry that playing video games might have a bad effect on the way their child behaves. For example, if a video game has lots of fighting in it, they worry that playing it will encourage their child to be violent. They are concerned that their child might always choose to play video game instead of playing outside and getting exercise. Even though you sit still when you read a book, they know that kids can develop good reading skills and learn a lot. Many adults arenā€™t so sure that kids can learn anything educational from video games. I chose this genre because I wanted to express how gaming could be the next big thing. It is one of the characteristics that I am not afraid to share. I think this project turned out to be a solid piece. It shows how much I love video games and shows how deeply and engrossed I am in them. You parents that are reading this should not worry to much if your child is playing video games. Their have been studies showing that video games can help improve thereĀ coordination,problem-solving skills,enhances memory,and improves attention and concentration. Instead of telling your kids to stop playing you should encourage them to play more because they may be a video game pro.