Portrait of a writer

Nazwa H Munia
Prof Jackie Dona Blain
ENG 1101
25 Feb 2019
Portrait of a Writer

Writing in English has always been tough for me as I’m a bad writer. Most of the time I run out of words to express my words into paper. I feel like I’m completely blank I don’t know what to write or how to express myself.
I think this is the reason I’m taking this class and this class is making my job much easier as our professor always pushing us to talk and express ourselves and giving us hints that how easily we can do it if we really want to.

I am a writer who is not good at grammar. I am bad with punctuations, tenses and many more. But, people on this school have been so helpful enough to increase my knowledge about English by pointing out my mistakes. I will be always grateful to them. I find out writing gets better with reading. If you want to write you should read and I think reading is not just for enjoyment. Read to make yourself smarter and get some words to use in your writing or get some ideas to enhance your knowledge.

I didn’t know I can write before I started writing. My literacy sponsors are my mom, sister and my husband. They influence me to write and read and helped me to discover myself. They inspired me to go ahead and try everything nevertheless I’m good at it or not! When I started writing I just find out I’m not that bad writer that people will not understand me. At least my writing is a way to communicate with people . I believe the more simpler way I can write the more easy for me to make it understandable. During writing the thing annoys me a lot are rules and regulations. I feel rules are made to make writing skill limited and complicated.

Freedom of writing is the easiest way to write something immature which could be annoying for some people but I believe this is the fuel of great writing. Because the more garbage you write the more you try to correct yourself hence that’s the way you will practice more and write more. The more you practice to write the more you need to read and learn about topics to write. Someday you will end up with writing something meaningful and useful. During my classes by discussing with my classmates I got lot of ideas and shares a lot of ideas to make a story which seems so easy just because we share our knowledge.

Finally, In spite of all this I believe I should try harder to make my writing skill oriented and more organized so the reader doesn’t get bored of it. According to Marcus Tullius Cicero “while there’s life,there’s hope “. So for me I hope by a good practice and working hard my writing would make me a better writer one day. And I believe if you want something from your heart you will get it, maybe I will fail lot of times but I will eventually reach my goal.