Before you read Mike Rose’s piece:
- Jot down the rules about writing that you think about whenever you write something.
- AND… note the things that make it hard for you to write in general.
Now read Mike Rose’s piece and finish these prompts (in about 150-250 words):
- I hate it when the instructor assigns an essay because of these “rules” that are in my head about writing (jot down the “rules”).
- What kind of rules does Rose say seem to keep people from writing, and what kinds of rules seem to enable people to write?
- Which one of the writers that Rose talks about do you think is most like you, if there is one?
Publish: this category is U1 Blog Post 2.