Writing here and there and everywhere

YongYu Chen

Em… So please allow me to say Hi to everyone and let me introduce myself shortly. My name is YongYu Chen, it’s my honor to be with you all together to study in this semester.

Honestly, the word describe how I feel about this class is Nervous, or anxious. Because of the COVID-19  pandemic, I stayed home for almost 5 months without hanging out and didn’t practice English with anyone. All my worries are whether or not I can understand what prof talks. After all, I’m still learning English and it’s kinda hard for me.

Here’s picture i chose. This’s how my face looks like as what I said above.

Let’s turn back to my name. My name is YongYu Chen. Most of you must notice this’s a hard pronouncing Chinese name. Chen is my family’s name and YongYu is translation of Chinese characters meaning the ocean with the universe. My mom told me that everyone is born with a horoscope and name can bring us different fortunes. Therefore, she hoped the natural power from ocean and universe will give me bless.

1. Valentina Agnes

Hey! I’m Valentina. I just finished reading what you wrote and I feel you. The feeling you feel at the moment is what I’m experiencing

2. Jacquelyn Blain

Hi YongYu. That’s a lovely story about your name. I’ll bet you find some other students with stories a lot like yours — it’s always fascinating how different cultures decide on names. And as for not knowing English very well… your writing is fine! And as you said, it just takes practice. If you get lost, just tell me to slow down! I can go a little fast sometimes (sorry!). Love the image, too!

• YongYu Chen

Dear Prof. Blain, thank you so much for you care! I hope we will have good collaborations in future.

3. Ria Arora

Hi, I just went through your post, and agree to what you said! This is what I am going through as well.