Writing here and there and everywhere

Valentina Agnes

Hi heres the picture!

One word to describe this course that I am entering blindly, would be…fresh. As for everyone, online learning is pretty overwhelming. To be honest with you guys, I just logged into my email and got blasted with a load of emails on what to do, where to go for these assignments, where to do them, how and when to finish them. But, I do have to say that I was amazed by the video assigned to us and the short essay of the identity of your names. It was an eye opener and I enjoyed it very much!

I choose this image because I am in love with the animation series: The Last Airbender! The music, the lesson learned, the value, the growth of every character is so motivational. I admire the art work and enjoy the characters and always look towards their actions. 

My name is Valentina. The name came from the latin root name as “Valentine“. I am white hispanic. My parents are proud Argentinians. They both migrated to the states in the 90’s. When people hear “Valentina” they paint a short, tanned hispanic. But, when they see me…oh how shock they look. In reality, I am a tall white skinned woman. Although it’s shocking for some people, I wouldn’t want to change my name at all. That nine letter name is such a beautiful given name from my mother. As a life opportunity, my names carries the significance of;”Not one to rest on past accomplishments,, she is always on the move.”

1. Jacquelyn Blain

Oh that’s a lovely name! And a great story. I’m not sure I’ve ever had a student from Argentina, so I’m sure I’m going to learn something. And Last Airbender…??? Wow! My granddaughter who is almost 10 is obsessed, and now she’s got me started. And I promise things will slow down once we get going — I tend to over-do almost everything so that nobody gets lost, and sometimes people get lost BECAUSE of it! I’m always learning.

And btw, the title on this one is just, I don’t know, your name I guess. I didn’t start the title conventions until Unit 1, and we’re not there yet. And I’m sure you’re not the only one who’ll need some practice on this! Took me a while, too.