I felt like the language narrative was a great time to reflect on a topic that I had not thought much of before. I’ve always seen people get discriminated depending on how they spoke, their accent, or even language. I never thought about it deeply until I was forced to by the language narrative. I was able to reflect on an experience in my own life with my parents and reflect on how there is truly no “correct” way to write English.

As an author, my goal for the reader is for them to be in my shoes. With my use of language, I really want the reader to be able to feel the same emotions I felt, get an insight about what I was thinking, imagine the scenery, etc. I don’t think I had much difficulty writing the narrative except for the descriptive parts. Once I think of something that happened in my life, words just flow on paper. The difficult part was describing scenery in a universal way so that it is relatable to all. Once I was able to get the words flowing, I think the piece came together very well. I was skeptical at first, but feedback from my peers gave me that extra needed confidence.

To revise, I need to tie the story up in a better way. In my current piece, it feels like I leave the reader on a cliff hanger.