Jacquelyn Blain

Curiosity

As a kid, I was interested in animation and how it was produced. I was really into drawing, but animation had always caught my eyes seeing those drawing moving and come to life. I would watch a lot of cartoons like Avatar, Ben 10, Adventure Time, Courage the Cowardly Dog, etc. I’m still interested in animation and now look for certain animators during parts, as they each have different art styles and compositions, especially in anime and other foreign cartoons. I would get my answer as a kid by entering my question into google and watching youtube videos. There was no other way for me to do it, but it would end up becoming one of the most nostalgic moments for me looking back. I would then get a drawing tablet where I would draw digitally and make my animations. My curiosity has lessened over the years as I’ve learned most of what I wanted to, and school has taken more precedent over my time so I focus on other things in my spare time. There was no real animation class/club in my high school, so that also played a factor. By the time I got to high school, I had other passions. That would include playing the guitar and piano. I would practice over the pandemic and even purchased my guitar. My school while not having an animation class/club would have a guitar class and club. We would have guitar club every Tuesday and Thursday, and I would go every day. We also had an annual talent show that I would help assemble and set up, which ran a big event later on. This would take up most of my time, but it didn’t bother me since it was what had become my passion at that time.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

Great story! I think that if we keep being curious to learn about new things and do them as well as we can (like the guitar in your case), then that instinct from when we were kids to ask questions and look at the why behind things will always lead us in interesting directions.