Jacquelyn Blain

: Write at least two distinct paragraphs to use in your Education Narrative

The sun is blazing super hot without any feeling of air,i had just gotten off a 9 hour shift of work and i felt like i needed to embody my own peace and my own self for just a little bit if felt like i need that for the longest at that point so after that shift i said why not today. I headed back home to get ready to go back out again otherwise I would have entered the park smelling like Mc donalds. Finally arriving at the park I decided to take a long walk to just enjoy the views and also to see the beauty of the place I’m currently at. In order to get the best spot of the park you had to cross this bridge that was surrounded by water. At that moment I knew I had a lot of traits and negative  thoughts in my mind but I promised myself that by the end of the bridge and once I crossed it I would let all of those thoughts and feelings and habits go. Now that’s not as easy as it sounds, trust me,  sometimes people don’t like to acknowledge their own thoughts and their own negative influences. I decided to sit at the end o f the bridge and fully commit myself to change and once I crossed this over I can never turn back. I could have some hiccups but never turn back. After about another 20 minutes I decided to cross the bridge and to sit on the bench and there was a homeless man to the left of me and  bushes to the right. I was just sitting enjoying my own self being and just accepting who I was , the journey I would have to take to elevate myself in all the aspects that I wanted too. I just randomly felt inspired by the homeless man next to me. He had a smile on his face and seemed happy with life, when I had a roof over my head, food every day, and lived worry free and I was so negative and uncontent in my life. Really made me question myself and my actions and how ungrateful I was with life. So I decided to start a conversation…..

1. Jacquelyn Blain

This is going to be a great story! Education isn’t just for school, is it? Much of what we learn about ourselves and our lives comes from simply interacting with the world around us. And I love the idea of using a bridge as a way to let the bad stuff go, even though, as you say, it’s harder to do than to imagine. Wonderful work.