Jacquelyn Blain

Intro from Kasem K

One word I would use to describe how I feel about this class and quite frankly all my classes is worried. This is because it is my first semester in college ever and all i have heard about college is how hard it is and how strictly everything is given. I am always up for a challenge though, but I do hope I can meet those expectations given to me. Another thing that I took note of from both readings is budgeting your time and routine which I will have to try very hard at because I work a full time job as a medical biller and I have expectations that need to be met by them as well. 

The Major I chose for college is Career and technical teaching. Specifically for aviation maintenance because I went to aviation high school and finished my certifications to be an Airframe and Powerplant mechanic. I want to be like the teachers who taught me due to the fact that I love airplanes and talking about them and I would love to teach other students things I learned and be that person they look back at and say he taught me how to do such and such. The image I chose to put is https://images.app.goo.gl/LnWuAKcau8dQH8xW9. The reason I chose this image is because this is the field I am going into. It shows how people are working together to troubleshoot a problem on a power plant using a multimeter to check for voltage, continuity Etc.

My name is Kasem, this name was given to me by my father. My dad chose this name because of his grandpa who had the same name as him. My dad was very close with his grandpa and wanted me to have his name. As well as in my culture it is tradition to name your child by your father or grandpa. This name means alot to me one because my father chose it for me and two because it is a part of my family heritage. It is a muslim name but if i am being quit honest i never been treated differently because of it.

1. Hashim Khan

This is my first semester in college, and I’m nervous as well. I was also named after an older family member of mine. I think it’s really cool that you’re pursuing a life in the aviation field.

2. Jacquelyn Blain

I expect you got a lot out of the Hassan video. Names really do matter, and I think it’s wonderful to have the tradition of being named after an older relative. Love the image, by the way.