- Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY – co-op (2014) Summer Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI)
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has established a national program titled the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI). Under it, Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) and other labs offer student appointments for spring, summer, and fall terms. Participants will be associated with members of the scientific and professional staff in an educational program developed to give research experience in areas of chemistry, physics, engineering, biology, nuclear medicine, applied mathematics, high- and low-energy particle accelerators, and science writing. Science Undergraduate Summer Internship – Biosciences is one participating department with “Faculty in Computational Biology & Bioinformatics….” – contact info and application @: http://www.bnl.gov/education/program.asp?q=116
Deadline is Oct 07th 2014
- Cold Spring Harbor Lab, Cold Spring Harbor, NY – co-op, application (2014) Undergraduate Research Program – “10-week summer program to work with senior Laboratory staff members on independent research projects in: Bioinformatics and Genomics” – http://www.cshl.edu/education/urp/application-guidelines
- Program dates June -First week of August (10 week program). Application deadline : January 15th. Start applying in Fall 14.
- Provides housing and stipend for $5000.
- Requires 2 letters of recommendation, and resume and 1 page personal statement.
- Contact info and application @: http://apply.embark.com/ugrad/watson/urp
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Undergraduate Research Program
One Bungtown Road
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA
- Cornell University, Boyce Thompson Institute, Ithaca, NY – co-op select Bioinformatics Internship (2014) – http://bti.cornell.edu/education/internships/
- Cornell University, Boyce Thompson Institute, Ithaca, NY – co-op select Plant Genome Internship (2014) – http://bti.cornell.edu/education/internships/
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Gerstner Sloan-Kettering Graduate School of Biomdical Sciences, New York, NY – co-op (2014) “The application opens September 1, and the application and all supporting documents must be submitted by the February 1 deadline” – Summer Undergraduate Research Program – “Students will learn from scientists conducting research in: genomic integrity and human cancer genetics; computational biology – http://www.sloankettering.edu/summer-undergraduate-research-program/how-apply
- Opportunity for freshmen, sophomores and juniors.
- Program dates: June – 1st week of August
- Application deadline: February 1st. Start applying in September in Fall 2014 for next summer. Offers housing and $4000.
- Requires 3.0 GPA and previous lab research experience. For application, supply official transcripts via email, resume, summary of previous research, max. 3 letters of recommendation (1 at least from your previous mentor).
- For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louis V. Gerstner, Jr. Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
1275 York Avenue, Box 441
New York, NY 10065
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY – co-op (2014) Summer Undergraduate Research Program – Areas of Research include computational neuroscience, computational biomedicine and genomics – http://icahn.mssm.edu/education/graduate-school/degrees-and-programs/summer-undergraduate-research-program/curriculum
- Program runs for 10 week starting in June. Program deadline, February 1st.
- Requires official transcript and 2 letters of recommendation, personal statement, resume, Science GPA.
- Requires: 3.5 min. GPA and at least 3 months of laboratory research experience.
- Contact info:
Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Icahn School of Medicine
One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1022
New York, NY 10029-6574
Tel: (212) 241.6546
Fax: (212) 241.0651
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Center for Multicultural and Community Affairs, New York, NY – co-op (2014) Summer Undergraduate Research Program – Areas of Research include computational neuroscience, computational biomedicine and genomics – http://icahn.mssm.edu/education/graduate-school/degrees-and-programs/summer-undergraduate-research-program/curriculum
- Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Orient Point, NY – co-op (2014) “The PIADC Research Participation Program does NOT have application deadlines. Applications are accepted on a continuing basis.” – Research Participation Program – “be completing an undergraduate (B.A., B.S. or equivalent) degree in microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, virology, epidemiology, computational biology, biostatistics, or other discipline related to foreign animal diseases” – http://www.orau.gov/piadc/default.htm
- Princeton University, Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton, NJ – co-op (2014) Summer Undergraduate Research Program in Molecular and Quantitative & Computational Biology – http://molbio.princeton.edu/undergraduate/research/summer-research
- Princeton University, Graduate School, Princeton, NJ – co-op (2014) Princeton Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (PSURE) – research areas include Quantitative and Computational Biology – http://www.princeton.edu/gradschool/diversity/prospective_students/summer/
- Rutgers – State University of New Jersey, Center for Computational and Integrative Biology, Camden, NJ – co-op (2014) REU: Computational Biology Summer Program – “..research projects will be the modeling of biological systems — ecological, physiological, and molecular” – http://ccib.camden.rutgers.edu/reu/
- Rutgers – State University of New Jersey, School of Engineering, New Brunswick, NJ – co-op (2014) Cellular Bioengineering – “…with opportunities in stem cell engineering, systems and computational biology, cell-active biomaterials, and micro/nanoscale biosystems – http://celleng.rutgers.edu/
- Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Studies, New York, NY – co-op (2014) Summer Undergraduate Research Program – “Students may work with faculty in the disciplines of Biochemistry, Biomedical Imaging, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Developmental Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Oncology, Molecular Pharmacology, Neuroscience and Physiology, Parasitology, Structural Biology, Forensic Pathology, Computational Biology and Virology” – http://sackler.med.nyu.edu/surp/
- Programs runs for 10 weeks in summer starting in June. Deadline for application is February 1st.
- Good for computational biology, applicant needs to have 3.4 GPA and at least one semester of lab bench work experience.
- Provides $3500 stipend, traveling expenses and housing on campus.
- To apply you need : 2 letters of recommendation, resume, and personal statement highlighting what you learned from your class projects, research etc., Your advisor’s contact info.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY – co-op (2014) Summer Undergraduate Research Experience – “You will conduct research as part of a research team in one of our participating departments – Genetics, Genomics, and Bioinformatics – http://medicine.buffalo.edu/education/undergraduate/sure.html
- State University of New York Upstate Medical University, College of Graduate Studies, Syracuse, NY – co-op (2014) Mentor projects include several related to bioinformatics/genomics – http://www.upstate.edu/grad/programs/summer.php
- University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY – co-op, application (2014) Summer Scholars Program – program mentors include Genetics, Genomics and Development; Biophysics, Structural and Computational Biology – http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/education/graduate/summer-scholars/online-application.cfm
- Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY – co-op (2014) Research Experience for Undergraduates – “2014 Research Projects and Mentors include: Mouse Models of Mammalian Genomics – http://www.wadsworth.org/educate/molcel.htm