Read the entry on the carbohydrate controversy. Listen to the Podcast between 14-32 minutes. Read the opposing view at Science Daily. Then answer the questions below in a coherent and cohesive essay. Be sure to address each point and post in the comments for this posting by April 5.
- Weigh in on your opinion in this debate and refer to specific arguments from the podcast and the Science Daily article
- Do you feel that having excessive amounts of sugary products is deleterious towards your well-being?
- Do you think taxation will make a difference in the habits of consumers that will effectively reduce obesity?
- What are the alternatives to taxation that would/could be implemented instead of a “soda tax”?
- What are your opinions regarding food subsidies and the abundance of low cost food of questionable “quality”?
- Compare a high quality and balanced meal versus a “McMeal”