Education

Portfolio Assignment #1

Goodwill Message

This letter is a goodwill letter to the actress/pop star (Ariana Grande), thanking her for her time with working with our company to do a photo shoot for Beautify magazine. The strongest feature of my document is the design. It is clean and clear, it is not busy and confusing. All the typed is aligned and it looks neat. When creating this document challenges that I had to overcome was trying to be as professional as I can to communicate my message and also trying to focus more on specific details.

Portfolio Assignment #2

Informative Message

This is an informative message that demonstrates and explains the value that graduates of my degree program brings to the workplace. A challenge that I had to overcome when creating the document was focusing on the details that explain what exactly a graduate can do. I feel the information in my body paragraphs best represents my work because it shows that I have a good understanding of my degree program.

Portfolio Assignment #3

Negative Message

This is a negative message explain to my audience that I will not be able to donate my professional services to their worthy cause. A challenge I had to overcome to create this document was trying to use positive words to explain my reason even though this is a negative message. It was a challenge to explain as best as I could why I couldn’t provide my professional services and I needed to go into detail.

Portfolio Assignment #4

Persuasive Message

This is a persuasive message to businesses in my field, strongly encouraging their employers to consider accepting interns from City Tech. It is also a “boilerplate” letter convincing them to contact the Director of Internship opportunities at City Tech if they are interested in hiring interns. A skill that I learned is learning how to write a proper formal business letter. The introduction was a difficult part of writing the message. I wanted to capture the reader’s attention and also make it knowledgeable as to why I am writing this message.

Portfolio Assignment #5

Short Report Proposal

This is a proposal to Small Business Funding Inc. (SBFI), for a piece of technology that my company, Gee Elegance would benefit from having. I had a certain issue and then I explained the reason why I needed this piece of technology to solve the problem. I organized my information by first giving some background information about the company. Then I explained what would be gained from my project and then discussed budget for the purchase. What I learned from creating this document is learning how to ask for something professionally from another company. The skills I learned while designing this document are learning to organize my information effectively and learning to be more detailed when proving a point. What I feel best represents my work is the design because I really like the typographic name for my company; and the format because the bulleted information makes it easier to read and it looks neat.

Portfolio Assignment #6

Student Choice

This is a graphic design document that I have chosen to represent my last portfolio piece. The scenario for this is a simple recipe layout. It can be used in magazines and also it can be altered to use for digital media for digital publications for tablets and iPhone. A skill I learned from creating this document is learning to organize information in a way that is easy for the viewer to read and making it appealing. What I feel that best represents my work is the layout overall because the design is simple, the information is clean and clear, and I enjoyed creating it.