Journal 2 – How I got my internship

I have been working as a Full time Freelancer Graphic Designer, Printing provider for four years now, serving multiple clients during this time period. Due to the multiple responsibilities and extra scholar activities I’m involved with, I never took the time to explore on the Superior Classes requirements, so, suddenly I was in my second to last semester, without an internship and with no time to look for one.

When the Fall 2017 semester started, I realized that for my Internship class, I needed one urgently, so I started looking for ways to get it. My first choice was to get a paid one, but, in the last case to take anyone available in order to fulfill the class requirements and be able to graduate at the end of the semester. The fifth week deadline was already around the corner and I didn’t have anyone yet. So, when Professor Tanya Goetz mentioned the opportunity at AIR Office, I didn’t hesitate and looked for the Office myself and asked for Dr. Tammie Cumming. Thank God, she was available and open to have me as an intern.

She mentioned the possibility of working as a team with other two students, which I found suitable. After emails and phone calls coming and going I received the confirmation and started my Internship on May 1st, my only partner was going to be Calvin Wang one of my classmates at the Prof. Goetz class.