Journal 10 – A stressful semester

One of the things that marked my Internship experience the most was how stressful this semester have been, which left me some important learning and impressions.

Starting with the winter break, I had to do some important expenses, which forced me to start the semester with a huge amount of work from my freelancer clients in order to pay bills and be able to come to school. This was reinforced by the fact that I ran out of TAP financial aid, so, I had to work even more in order to be able to get the money necessary to focus on school projects.

The next impactful thing was the Internship itself. Having a Internship was relieving, because I knew I needed one in order to pass the class, and therefore graduate. But, the fact that it was non-paid was a lot more impactful on my finances from what I originally planned. With fewer hours to work, and having to come more days to School and for longer periods made the expenses lot higher in terms of food, transportation, etc.…while the income became lower. All of these added to the demanding classes I am taking in my last semester, such as The Senior Project and the Portfolio made for a very stressful combination.

The result was that at the mid of the semester, I was late with every single class assignment, and I wasn’t being able to follow the schedule at my internship site properly. Thank God, towards the end of the semester, I managed to get some better contracts and therefore I catch up with the classes, including the Senior Project and the Internship. Overall, this have been the harder semester of all, but, hey, is the last one. Thanks, Professor Tanya for all the patience too.