*Note!:Every class after today will be a quiz so arrive on time.
- Discussed Law of Attraction, epigraph, Primary and secondary tasks
- Allusion- A literary reference.
- Manifest- To bring something into existence.
- Early chapters were the theory part of “The Secret” while the later chapters are all based on the application.
Questioned: From the reading “The Secret” your specific chapter, did what you learn meet your expectations.(All answered No)
- Already knew
Discussed around The Secret questions 6,7 and 8.
- The law of attraction is an individual’s thoughts controls what manifests and comes to life.
- The idea that we control our destiny(universe responds to our thoughts(thinking negative creates negative while thinking positive creates positive)).
- Question 8 response that the promises is not realistic because not everything is possible for you to obtain.
Ex: Two people applying for the same job with the same positive energy when only one of them can get it.
Hw Due Thursday 02/24/2022
- Read and Vote People’s Choice #2
- Presentation(4 slides, 2-3 mins, One point ( claim +evidence, with Citation from each section Chapter 1, 4, and one Chapter of Your Choice.
Thanks George for these class notes. A quick (but important!) correction: while I did say to prepare for a quiz at 10am on Thursday (2/24), I did not announce that quizzes will take place each class going forward.
The link from the ‘Saturday Night Live’ sketch of ‘The Secret’ (Oprah show) that we watched in class is http://moviestique.blogspot.com/2010/11/snl-oprah-secret.html