Meditation

I am looking forward to doing this meditation assignment because after a session of meditation I feel re-energized and less stressed. I have also tested out a bunch of meditating apps. I was looking through a bunch of meditating apps that I felt would benefit me but I had to narrow it down to the top three so I can pick the right fit. The three meditating apps that I felt would benefit me were MyLife, Headspace and Dare. So far these apps were the best apps that I felt would benefit me the most. With MyLife according to Google it says”MyLife Meditation is an award-winning meditation and mindfulness app that offers daily wellness check-ins and suggests activities personalized on how you feel. … Destress with a meditation guide to gain a better, calm mindspace”. When you first open the app it asks you what goals do you want to achieve in this app. This app includes a daily check in and based on what answer you chose for the check in they give you options on what meditation session you should listen to. They ask how you are feeling mentally, emotionally and physically before listening to anything. MyLife gives you an opportunity to choose whether you want to meditate with a female voice or a male voice. With headspace according to Google it says.”Headspace is an app that teaches you how to meditate”. Headspace gives you an opportunity to choose whichever teacher you would like. I feel like this app doesn’t cover that many topics of meditating. But it does help you find your sense of balance and to give up old ways. With Dare according to Google it says,” The DARE app is an evidence based training program to help people overcome anxiety, panic attacks, worry, and insomnia. You can track your progress daily with the mood journal. … Included are also a collection of meditations and sleep guides to tackle insomnia”. This app tackles on a lot of topics I tend to struggle with and that’s what I love about this app. When you first download the app it asks you what are your mains goals and whatever goal you picked they ask if you want to listen to a 10 min meditation session. You can either skip or you can listen. I chose to listen and it was very relaxing and I loved the tone of voice. It wasn’t too loud or ghetto. It was very calming. The app I chose to use for this 2 week meditation assignment is Dare because I feel that this app will benefit me. I feel it would perfectly address what I’m going through. Dare is a good reminder and a way to stay on track. I hope I am able to use this app if not I’ll go for my second choice.

4 thoughts on “Meditation”

1. Niyomi, great post on different apps and your exploration of them! A friendly reminder to edit the post to include links (and also, if you could break up your post into separate paragraphs–with one main idea per paragraph–it would be much easier for me, and other readers, to follow).

Sounds like you want to use the Dare App. Which particular meditations are you going to do for the 14 days? Do they have particular series or structured programs?

2. I am looking forward to doing this meditation assignment because after a session of meditation I feel re-energized and less stressed. I have also tested out a bunch of meditating apps. I was looking through a bunch of meditating apps that I felt would benefit me but I had to narrow it down to the top three so I can pick the right fit. The three meditating apps that I felt would benefit me were MyLife, Headspace and Dare. So far these apps were the best apps that I felt would benefit me the most.

https://my.life/
    With MyLife according to Google it says”MyLife Meditation is an award-winning meditation and mindfulness app that offers daily wellness check-ins and suggests activities personalized on how you feel. … Destress with a meditation guide to gain a better, calm mindspace”. When you first open the app it asks you what goals do you want to achieve in this app. This app includes a daily check in and based on what answer you chose for the check in they give you options on what meditation session you should listen to. They ask how you are feeling mentally, emotionally and physically before listening to anything. MyLife gives you an opportunity to choose whether you want to meditate with a female voice or a male voice.

https://www.headspace.com/
    With headspace according to Google it says.”Headspace is an app that teaches you how to meditate”. Headspace gives you an opportunity to choose whichever teacher you would like. I feel like this app doesn’t cover that many topics of meditating. But it does help you find your sense of balance and to give up old ways.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.armour.dare2&hl=en_US&gl=US
    With Dare according to Google it says,” The DARE app is an evidence based training program to help people overcome anxiety, panic attacks, worry, and insomnia. You can track your progress daily with the mood journal. … Included are also a collection of meditations and sleep guides to tackle insomnia”. This app tackles on a lot of topics I tend to struggle with and that’s what I love about this app. When you first download the app it asks you what are your mains goals and whatever goal you picked they ask if you want to listen to a 10 min meditation session. You can either skip or you can listen. I chose to listen and it was very relaxing and I loved the tone of voice. It wasn’t too loud or ghetto. It was very calming. The app I chose to use for this 2 week meditation assignment is Dare because I feel that this app will benefit me. I feel it would perfectly address what I’m going through. Dare is a good reminder and a way to stay on track. I hope I am able to use this app if not I’ll go for my second choice.
    I want to change my app to headspace because during the small groups my classmate told me that it’s a free 2 week trial and that’s how long we will need the app for so it just makes sense. The types of meditation I’m going to be trying is finding my sense of balance. There’s different aspects in this specific meditation.

3. Niyomi, thanks for these updates. You can edit your original post to make these changes (instead of leaving them in a comment).

I’m confused–you were doing Dare but now you have decided on Headspace? You seemed pretty excited for Dare in your initial post … Does Dare require a paid subscription?