At the beginning of class we went over the pandemic blog and how writing affected each of us as all of our experiences were different. Professor will be posting tools for mental wellness and pandemic journaling that are available online. This is not mandatory, but provided as an aid to help you along your journey.
We participated in our second group meditation subject was releasing anxiety. We were given keep points to keep in mind during our experience to keep in mind to enhance our responses.
- Describe in as much detail as possible.
- What feelings are you experiencing both negative and positive.
- Focus on body and mind in the moment.
- How is your body reacting in accordance to your feelings.
- Be present in the moment without thinking of what you will write in the responses.
- Ideally your posture should be sitting upright, facing forward, be mindful of hand placement, cross your legs if possible, and feet should be grounded.
- Allow the background noise to sink in and fade away into it.
- If you feel yourself drifting off re-center yourself.
As a key point to keep in mind for all blogging would be to turn the blog engagement into yourselves.
Reminders for this week
- People’s Choice is due 03/20/21 for the pandemic blogs.
- Reading response #6 on The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment: Tolle, Eckhart: 9781577314806: Amazon.com: Books
- Bring your hard copy of the book to next class.
I would like to apologize to the class and professor about the timing in which I posted the class notes and notes I may be missing as I had a medical emergency.