- Pandemic Processing blog post due Thursday (3/18)
- Read the entire book “The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle” (Be sure to have the physical copy of the book). Blog post + Annotations will be due Next Tuesday (3/23)
The practice of writing = Journaling
Embodied- To sit/ feel within your body
Transmission of affect (emotional contagion)- A belief that we can “catch” each other’s emotions
We worked on a free writing loop with two prompts, these prompts were…
- How are you feeling right now?
- Intentionally call to mind something that gives you a “negative” feeling. Visualize the situation, allow yourself to feel the emotions, then write about it.
We then discussed some responses to these prompts and some of the responses were…
- Fear of presenting for a class assignment
- To have a positive day try making it a choice to think positively instead of focusing on the negatives
- The stress that comes with balancing a heavy workload for school, and working at the same time.
We ended class by practicing a daily meditation through the Calm app
* Share your reflection on the experience of meditating in the comments under this post. https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/belli-sp2021-eng3402/2021/03/16/class-discussion-meditation-reflection/