Self care

Self care to me means subtracting yourself from the world itself. Taking time to rejuvenate yourself not only your physical being but your mental self being as well.
For those who follow basketball or do not, Kyrie Irving is a point guard for the Brooklyn Nets. A few months back he took off a few games to get his mental health back on track. Just because you are here physically, do not mean you are here mentally.
Just this past weekend was the 2021 NBA all star game. Lebron James who is a forward for the Los Angeles Lakers made a comment about him being physically there but mentally, he was not. Being ready for anything physically does not mean anything if you are not mentally there.
You always need time to sit back reflect on yourself and recharge. Thats probably one of the best things you can do for yourself.
Some of the things I have done aside from relax watching All star weekend, I did some meditation. It was my first time doing it in a while but I figured since this weekend was a time for self care, I gave it a shot and honestly I will be doing it more frequently because it did more than I thought it would.