Ajah’s Self-Care

What is self-care? As stated by Wikipedia, β€œIn health care, self-care is any necessary human regulatory function which is under individual control, deliberate and self-initiated. Self-care is seen as a partial solution to the global rise in health care costs placed on governments. Self-care is considered to be a fundamental pillar of health and social care and is an essential component of a modern health care systems governed by regulations and statutes. Self-care is considered a primary form of care for patients with self-managed chronic illness. Self-care is a continuous learning process. In philosophy, self-care refers to the care and cultivation of self in a comprehensive sense, focusing in particular on the soul and the knowledge of self.”

I totally agree with this statement and how important it is to do self-care. I personally have been trying to do more self-care on a daily, but I have been struggling. Life is hard as it is with responsibilities of school, work, and home. Sometimes I feel like I do not have enough time in the day or night to do self-care. But as each day goes by, I try my best to do little by little and stay positive. Self-care consists of many things, and I want to state some things of what I have been personally trying my best to do on a daily basis.

At my job, I am constantly washing and sanitizing my hands, because I work at JFK international airport with passengers from international and domestic flights coming in. When I reach home at nights, I try to do some assignments for school before getting some sleep for the next day of class and work. Recently, every morning and night while I take a shower, I use a face wash called Clearasil to help cleanse and fight my acne. I hope using this face wash can help or prevent them from coming out. After washing my face, I use witch hazel and an all-natural glow facial serum. It fights against acne, dark spots, promotes wound healing, combats signs of skin aging, and treats dry skin including eczema. It consists of sweet almond oil, rosehip seed oil, neem oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, and organic rose buds. I also have a 64 oz water bottle that I carry around the house and to work, to help stay motivated in drinking more water each day. Then there is my membership with planet fitness, and I watch a little tv or movies sometimes to take my mind off of reality.