The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People By Stephen Covey

One similarity I see when I read these self help text. These texts are always stating “if you want to be successful in life, you need this book in your library”. The text gives different view point on if you were to look a something from a different view point, you would have a different mindset towards it. This book states that no person lasts forever but books and ideas do which makes sense. The book talks about life balance and our society in the means of our cell phone being more difficult, demanding and stressful. We need to work harder to manage our time. “Do more, achieve greater through the wonders of technology”. I completely agree, I feel that our society needs balance as well as our individual self. Balance is tough and very important in terms of managing our time wether its work or school or whatever it may be. The text talks about how your mindset can make or break you, but not in those words. Thats is how I broke it down in my head. The text also talks about our culture being a factor when it comes to getting what you want.”Life is a game, race and competition where you are striving for number one . You can have schoolmates, colleagues and even family members in it to win with you”. It states in the text when try generous and cheer for others success but inwardly, privately, so many of us are eating our hears out with others achieve. I agree with many things in this text but I do not agree with that statement.

1 thought on “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People By Stephen Covey”

1. “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R. Covey depicts that in order to change a given situation, we must change ourselves. This book to me was the most interesting out of all the self-help books I’ve read because I feel like I can relate to this book in so many ways. Part 1 is about paradigms and principles. Paradigm is a typical example or pattern of something. In part 1 of the book Covey examines the lens through which you view the world in order to understand yourself and make effective change. Covey divided each habit into 7 parts. First habit is be proactive, the second and third is begin with the end in mind and put first things first. The fourth and fifth is think win-win and seek first to understand, then to be understood. The last two are synergies and sharpen the saw. The one that I found most interesting is the first habit which is proactive because proactive people understand that they are responsible for their own happiness or unhappiness.