Brave New World Chapters 6-9

When reading up to chapter six, I really did not understand the story in the beginning but I understand now reading through chapter six through nine. In chapter six I was wondering how Bernard was trying to get Lenina to be with him alone but realized that was not part of their culture, so he did things that he did not want to do like taking the soma. On page 91 in part one of chapter six, Bernard wants to get close to Lenina so he acts like he is aggressive towards her like Lenina says: “why you don’t take soma when you have these dreadful ideas of yours. You’d forget all about them. And instead of feeling miserable, you’d be jolly. So jolly”.  So Bernard takes advantage of this opportunity and does what Lenina says and takes the soma just to get close to her and they get really close. In part two is the start of what will come about in chapter when Bernard and Lenina travel to the Savage Reservation, but Bernard and The Director have an interesting conversation because the Director usually does not open up or even talk to children but he did with Bernard. The conversation was interesting to me because at the end I was wondering what actually happened to the woman that the Director was interested in and why did he leave so fast after her disappearing and why could not he stay longer and find her. In chapter seven we find out a lot of information when Bernard and Lenina go to the Savage Reservation, so when they arrive there were two main characters that were introduced named John and Linda. John seems like a nice boy who just wants to be accepted as a sacrifice and believes something is wrong with him, and Linda is his mother who used to be in the Civilization before she got left by a man after she fell off a cliff and the villagers took care of her and her baby because she was pregnant. Bernard and Lenina listen to Linda’s stories about how it was hard to adjust to Malpais and how dreadful it was for her a “Beta” to have a child, but I believe her child turned out alright so far. I want to see when Linda meets with The Director her long lost love to make up and show him his child from birth which is the thing that is forbidden in the civilization. I wonder if the civilization as they know it is over, or if the Director will try to make sure that no one will destroy what he has built.